Pearly Whites
I visited the dentist a few months ago, to have my teeth cleaned. My niece is a dental hygienist, my brother's daughter. I adore the girl. Sherri did a great job and later took a plaster impression of my teeth. My plan was to have my teeth whitened and a custom fitted tray is required to contain the whitening gel.
“Does it cost to have this done, Sherri?” I asked. “Or will my dental plan cover it?”
“No way, Daley,” she grinned. “It costs about $250.”
I held my hand up.
“Honey, I don’t have $250. I can’t afford this. I thought ---“
Sherri took my hand in hers and smiled again showing perfect, white teeth.
“Don’t worry,” she said softly. “It won’t cost you a dime.”
The impressions were made in five minutes and a few weeks later, Sherri gave me the trays and a supply of whitening gel. I only recently began the treatment.
After a fortnight of treatments, I can see a marked improvement in the whiteness of my teeth. The treatment involves using a syringe-type applicator to insert small drops of hydrogen peroxide gel into my custom-fitted tooth trays, and then wearing the trays for an hour each night before bed.
After years of drinking red wine and coffee and tea, my teeth were really looking yellow. I quit smoking eight years ago, but I'm sure they still bore the stains. But now, Ms J, my smile is white again. I am not afraid to open my lips when I smile.
They're not as white as Colleen’s perfect teeth, or Meagan's. I doubt they’ll ever be that white again. But my smile's a lot brighter than it was.
Thanks Sherri!
(The photo above was taken a year ago last summer, Ms J, before the whitening treatment.)
***

2 Comments:
What is this big thing with tooth whitening treatments over there on your continent, Dale? ;)
I suppose it's all a vain effort to look youthful again, Jenny. And we spend (or waste) a lot of money toward that end.
Post a Comment
<< Home