Is There Hope for The Future?
I must admit, Ms J, I really don't follow politics. I find it frustrating. I can't bear to read about powerful men who consistently abuse their power or fail to act to make things better. I know it's not quite as simple as that. I know there are many factors to consider. But still ...
I hear the Yanks have elected a new leader. I hear he's black. Errr ... I suppose he's not black, is he? He's a person of colour. Whatever. The Media compare him to JFK. Charismatic. Handsome. Compassionate. "Change is coming." Americans appear hopeful. Indeed the world seems hopeful. Maybe this man will be the one to lead us toward peace. Maybe he'll declare an end to the madness in Iraq and bring our soldiers home.
Does anyone truly understand the objective there? What are we trying to achieve in that conflict? Won't someone please tell me why a hundred Canadian boys have died there? Does America honestly believe the continued waste of billions of dollars and the death of some 4000 young Americans will have any lasting effect on Iraq? Why does Canada participate? Why does Britain?
Will this Obama fellow see the folly and the wanton waste in this pointless endeavor? Will he see it clearly, as just another Vietnam, another war that can't be won? Or will he continue to support it because war is good for the U.S. economy?
It's Remembrance Day. Today, we pause to remember sacrifices made by those in two world wars, sacrifices necessary to preserve our freedom at home. At home.
Enough have died in Iraq. Enough blood has been shed. There's been enough suffering, enough mourning.
It's time for Change, alright.

Bring them home, Mr. Harper.

Bring them home, Mr. Brown.

Bring them home, Mr. Obama. All of them.

The world awaits your "change."
***

1 Comments:
Every year, we keep saying we should never forget. And yet, we can never remember enough to not send our friends, family and countrymen off to war in the first place.
I guess we have to hope for change but expect the worst from our leaders.
Post a Comment
<< Home