A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, October 13, 2008

Update

I went to London last Thursday. I met my supervisor downtown at Union Station here in Toronto and he followed me up into the cab of the locomotive. It was train #85. Locomotive 6434. We had only three coaches. It was the easiest possible train to handle! The trip went without incident. Along the way, I prayed periodically, asking for calmness and confidence. My boss was in fine fettle. Shortly after we left the station at Toronto, he received a call from his eldest son who’d just been admitted to medical school.

“My son’s going to be a doctor,” he said later. “A doctor!”

He smiled a lot today. And at the end of our journey, he shook my hand.

“You did fine, Dale. Just fine. Now your education will really begin.”

I’m a qualified VIA engineer, Ms J. My training is complete, but as Tom suggested, I’ve still got a lot to learn.

Happy Thanksgiving!

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Larry said...

Hey Dale, Long Time no talk to....

Congratulations !!!!! Next time you're on a trip to the Falls....Blow your horn as you go by our appartment in Grimsby!!!!

Keep it on the rails!!!!!

Cheers !!

14 October 2008 at 01:11  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Congratulations, Dale. I knew you'd do it!

19 October 2008 at 05:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home