A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, October 06, 2008

It's All Coming Together

Monday. I’m home from Sarnia. It wasn’t a bad trip, really. My time in the hotel bed was short though, as usual. 5:30 comes early when you don’t climb into bed til 11:30. I ran the engine home from London to Union Station.

Back at the TMC, my cell phone rang. It was my boss. We made some small talk and then he asked about my trip away this coming weekend. (I’d asked him for time off to attend a wedding with Colleen.)

“When are you planning to leave?” he asked me.

I told him Friday morning.

"We'll be home again late Sunday afternoon. It's a long drive. Six or seven hours each way."

“OK then,” he said. “Here’s the deal. Tell me if this works for you.”

I listened while he told me his plan. And I smiled, Ms J. It was fabulous!

I’ll make a training trip to Niagara Falls on Wednesday. Then he’ll meet me on Thursday and ride with me to London. We’ll get off there and catch 76 home again. I’ll be home shortly after dinner time.

“If you do well, I’ll qualify you and make you available for work on Sunday at midnight. How does that sound?”

It sounded fantastic, Ms J, and I told him so.

This will be a busy week. I’ve got a day of rules instruction tomorrow. On Wednesday, I’ll make a trip to The Falls and back. Then on Thursday morning, I’ll go to London with Tom. With any luck at all, I’ll be a qualified VIA engineer effective Sunday at midnight.

And I’ll enjoy a lovely weekend adventure with my Colleen in Elliot Lake.

I love it when a plan comes together!

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Well done, you! Have a lovely weekend and good luck.

11 October 2008 at 15:12  

Post a Comment

<< Home