A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, February 29, 2008

Just Sippin' Coffee and Chatting

G' day, Ms Journal. I haven't much news to tell you, really. I'm just sitting here enjoying a cup of fair trade coffee and feeling grateful not to have to work today. I'm no longer on the spareboard, remember, and not subject to call on a two hour notice. Of course, that didn't stop the morons at the crew office from phoning this morning at 5:30.

"Yeah, hi Dale. It's the crew office calling. I know it's your day off, but are you interested in working 339 today?"

Umm, no. I don't want to take a big, nasty freight train to Buffalo, New York, thank you. And thanks for waking me up. Fuckwit.

Meagan visited the dentist this week. She went to have her teeth cleaned by her cousin, Sherri. Sherri did a great job and later took a plaster impression of my teeth. I hope to have my teeth whitened and a custom fitted tray is required to contain the whitening gel.

“Does it cost to have this done, Sherri?” I asked. “Or will my dental plan cover it?”

“No way, Daley,” she grinned. “It costs about $250.”

I held my hand up.

“Honey, I don’t have $250. I can’t afford this. I thought ---“

Sherri took my hand in hers and smiled again showing perfect, white teeth.

“Don’t worry,” she said softly. “It won’t cost you a dime.”

The impressions were made in five minutes. Soon, Sherri will get the trays and a jar of whitening gel. I hope my teeth turn out as white as hers, Ms J. Or Meagan’s. Or Colleen’s.

But I doubt they’ll ever be that white again.




It's Friday again, Ms J. Meagan's off to G-town this aft' and Colleen and I plan to attend a posh gala tonight at The Palais Royale, a grand old ballroom not far from here. It's a fundraiser for the local arts community, a 'Glitz and Glamour" formal affair with dinner and dancing. The Whitney Smith Big Steam Band will feature the classic swing and jazz music of the 1930's and 40's.

Maybe I'll take a camera and treat you to a shot of Colleen and me cutting a rug in our glad rags.

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Yes, photos please, Dale! enjoy your evening.

1 March 2008 at 16:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home