A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, February 05, 2008

The Darkness Lifts

The front door opened just past 4:00 this afternoon and in walked Meagan. I turned from the kitchen sink.

"Hi Scout!" I called. "How was school today? Any better?"

"Dad," she said, "It was fine. Good actually. It was totally fine."

She seemed relaxed and happy as she removed her boots and coat and stored them away in the closet.

"I went in and said hello and, like, sat down at a desk. There was no chair there so I pretended to, like, sit in mid air and everybody laughed. That's about it. After class, everybody was, like, talking to me, asking me where I was from and stuff and I met some really cool kids. Yeah. It was pretty good."

I'm, like, pleased, Ms J. I'm, like, really freakin' pleased.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

I'm really pleased too Dale. I hope its the start of some good times :)

6 February 2008 at 06:32  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Me too, Dale.:)

7 February 2008 at 13:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home