A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not Much To Tell You

I haven't much to tell you, Ms J. It's been peaceful here lately.

Meagan continues to behave like a good daughter and I'm proud of her. She's still madly in Love with young Master RJ and looking forward to a long weekend with him starting late Thursday afternoon. I can't help but think that she may be keeping him from doing the things he needs to do - finding employment, enrolling in an education programme, or replacing his lost identification papers - but oh well. It's his Life, isn't it? He's not worried, so neither shall I.

I'm feeling the financial strain of keeping another person. I love my daughter, Ms J, but it costs money to feed and clothe her. I hadn't considered it until recently. And I've been ill for about five days and off work, so that'll cost as well. Yes, we have weekly indemnity benefits (sick pay) but we have to visit the doctor and get him to fill out forms and submit copies here and there and then wait two weeks and ... Well, you get the picture.

Anyway, my point is this: I cannot go on living on credit when my bank account won't support me. I think I'll suggest (in a gentle kind of way, of course) that Meagan get a job. It would probably conflict eventually with her visits with RJ, but I'd let her discover that on her own. Another option is to contact the child support people and arrange to stop paying support to you-know-who. Six hundred dollars a month would help a lot here.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Remi said...

If the living arrangement has changed, it seem logical enough that the support arrangement should also change.

As for the job, it's a good idea regardless of the reasons. I always had a job or two right through high school. My parents were quite clear about that - if I wanted the latest cds or an occasional trip to Toronto, I would have to pay for it myself.

So I did everything from detassling corn to flipping burgers to running an auto route for the local paper. I learnt that I could always make money as long as I was willing to work. It sounds simple enough, but some people never learn that lesson.

Personally, I thank my parents for it now.

12 February 2008 at 11:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, the child support goes to support the child, not to the adult who has little more ability than to act like a child. At least that's the way it is in the US!

12 February 2008 at 20:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home