A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, March 26, 2007

Whatever

T'was a gorgeous day today, Ms Journal. The kind of day that makes people smile. Yes, there were thunderstorms this morning, but the sun peaked through this afternoon and warmed the air to a balmy 19C. I walked to work in my shirt sleeves. (Pants too, of course.) As I walked, I saw a robin hopping gaily about someone's muddy lawn, hoping to find a juicy worm. Yup. Could be Spring has sprung. Could be, Ms J. But I don't generally make that assumption until I witness daffodils and tulips. And I don't expect to see them until late April.

Nick's back to work. There's another name from the past, eh? Nick's the fellow who got me fired late last year. I saw him briefly this afternoon, but I didn't speak with him. I will one day. I'll have to work with him some day. I'll be civil, nice even. But I don't want a friendship with this man.

I wish I had a recent pic of baby David to show you. He was crawling around on the floor in a dirty sleeper when I arrived around 1:00 yesterday. I'd hoped Kelly or Maxine might have bathed him and dressed him nicely for his birthday. But I guess it was not to be. I asked Meagan about it.

"Yeah, that would've been good. Maxine laid out some clean clothes for him this morning, but she still hasn't gotten round to actually doing anything yet today."

I inquired about Meagan's mother. Had she gone out after lunch?

"She's still in bed, Dad. Tim says she has pink eye, but she doesn't have that. It's just a little eye infection or something."

Meagan shrugged her shoulders. "Whatever."

Yes, I thought. Whatever. I'd forgotten my camera anyway.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

Happy Birthday to baby David! It's good that you went there to see him and Meagan.

27 March 2007 at 08:34  
Blogger Linda said...

Seems to me that you and Megan are the only sane people in his life. Glad you were able to see him.

27 March 2007 at 13:16  

Post a Comment

<< Home