A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, March 04, 2007

He's Gone

Alan's gone. His stuff has all been removed from my home and he's found a new place to live.

I called him tonight on my way home from work and asked if I might pop over to see his new digs. He was happy to have a visitor. I brought some take-out chicken with me for dinner and we ate. He has no table, no dishes, no cutlery. We ate with our hands like a pair of Neanderthals. Chicken, chips, and coleslaw. The coleslaw was a bit messy.

I feel a little guilty for suggesting he find a home of his own. He wasn't at all upset at the time and he's still OK with it, but I realise he'll have so much to buy, so much to do to get settled again. It'll be a lot of work. And I'm sorry I tossed him out.

Well, I didn't really toss him out, did I Ms J? I mean, he'd been here for five months. It was time to move forward with his Life. It was time. And he needed a little push, a gentle push forward. Don't you agree?

It seemed to happen so quickly after I suggested he "spread his wings." I wish now he'd waited until spring. I wonder if he thought I wanted him out immediately? I don't think so. At least I certainly hope not.

I believe it was the right thing to happen. I believe it was the right thing for both of us.

Don't you agree, Ms Journal?

I think so. I really do.

Don't you?

***

5 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

It sounds like you're feeling a little bit guilty. But he decided to move, and five months is quite a long time!

5 March 2007 at 07:44  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

It sounds like he did understand, and I have a feeling that he likes his own space too -- as bare as it might be.

5 March 2007 at 10:17  
Blogger Loner said...

I'm with PBS - I think you sound as though you are feeling guilty. THe gesture of coming over to visit him should have allayed any fears he might have had about you being upset with him. Take out chicken is a pretty good peacemaker!

5 March 2007 at 14:38  
Blogger Jennytc said...

You've been a good friend to him, Dale and you were there for him when he needed a friend most.

7 March 2007 at 15:12  
Blogger Christine said...

I know Alan is happy to have his own space Daleeeeee.... He was talking about how to bring up the "move" to you before you brought it up...
Stop your fretting... :-)

11 March 2007 at 20:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home