Today's Musings
I went to church yesterday. I almost didn’t go, but changed my mind at the last minute and rushed out the door. I’m glad I did.
Linda was away this week, so Deb, our student minister gave the sermon. It was good. It was all about second chances. She spoke about God’s grace and how we’re always given second chances in Life. We heard the story of a land owner who ordered a date tree cut down because it hadn’t born fruit in three years. The gardener spoke on behalf of the tree.
“Let’s leave it one more year,” he suggested. “If it bears fruit, good. If not, then I’ll cut it down.”
I thought of my own Life and of all the second chances I’ve been given. And then I thought of Dan.
I wonder when he’ll bear fruit?
It's Monday morning now. I picked up Meagan yesterday afternoon and she spent the night here. In a moment, I'll wake her softly with kisses on her little girl cheeks.
"Tyne to det up," I'll whisper, and she'll open her blue eyes and smile.
That's the way she used to wake me when she was a toddler.
"Tyne to det up, Daddy," she'd say. "Tyne to det up."
I sure do miss that precious child, Ms J.
Today's the day we're off to Ottawa. We'll catch a GO train here in Mimico and in twelve minutes, we'll be in Union Station. There, we'll get our tickets and board a VIA train which will carry us to our nation's capital. The ride will only take four and half hours, if the train's on time.
God only knows what adventure lies ahead, Ms Journal. And He's keeping it a secret.
See you on Thursday!
***

2 Comments:
Have a nice trip.
Hope you have a good trip and a wonderful day with Meagan!
Post a Comment
<< Home