A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

AAAAAAAKKKKKKKHHHHH

Sick today. No energy. Weak as a baby. Fever. Vomiting. And diarrhea. And vomiting. Synchronized expulsion of body fluids. Some kind of flu, I suppose. Whatever it is, it ain't pretty.

It's when I'm sick that I really miss having a woman in my Life. Oh, I don't miss the arguments and I don't miss the pantyhose hanging in the bathroom. But when I'm sick, I'd love to have a caring woman to look after me. Women seem to be born nurturers. They seem to know what to do to make me feel better when I'm sick. Not every woman, certainly. But many of them. Donna, no. But Kelly was amazing. And Peggy, another woman I dated.

Yeah, Ms J, I'll admit it. I want my mummy.

***

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Poor you ... get well soon, I'd come and make you a cup of tea, but it's too far. xx

28 March 2007 at 07:33  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh, hope you are feeling better soon!

28 March 2007 at 08:31  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Why is that stuff going around at this time of year, I want to know? The only upside of flu is that no matter how awful you fee, you know it's temporary.

28 March 2007 at 15:59  
Blogger gemmak said...

I hope you're feeling a bit better now.....I'm not sure I could stand the 'graphics' too much more! ;o)

28 March 2007 at 16:15  
Blogger Jennytc said...

You're run down after all the stress you've been through. It makes you far more susceptible to any bugs going round. Hope you'll be 100% soon.

29 March 2007 at 15:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home