A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, October 22, 2007

Sunday Morning

The little girl slept at her cousin’s house on Saturday night, and Colleen spent the night here with me. We ate takeout food and watched movies until bedtime. It was good, Ms J. It was ... perfect.

On Sunday morning, we went to church together. I enjoy walking in the stillness of the morning. It was nice to have someone to walk to church with; even better because it was someone I care for. As we walked hand in hand, I thought of Meagan and of the sunny Sunday mornings when we walked together to church. It was years ago, but it seemed like yesterday.

I wonder if we’ll ever walk hand in hand again.

God, I miss that child.

***

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home