A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, October 15, 2007

No, I Haven't. Not Yet.

I made the mistake on Friday of mentioning to the guys at work that I was thinking of buying a new car. They interrogated me all morning.

"So, did ya buy yer new car, Doc?"

"Yeah. Did you go back and get a little Mazda?"

The Truth, Ms J, is that I had hoped to go today and talk with the salesman. I had planned on it. But there were other things that needed my attention.

I cooked a turkey the other day. Colleen helped me make a stew from the leftovers. It was/is delicious, but I wanted to boil the carcass and make soup. So I did that today. And I've hired two ladies to clean my house. They'll be here on Wednesday and in need of cleaning supplies. I bought a little dust mop and other in sundry items for them. They'll need a key to my house as well, so I had a couple of spare keys cut. It's a friend's birthday on Saturday, so I bought her a card while I was out. Little things, Ms J. You know? Colleen accompanied me. We had lunch together and soon it was time to return to work. I never did get over to the Mazda dealer.

Maybe tomorrow.

Colleen tells me she plans to make a meatloaf for dinner tomorrow. I like meatloaf, Ms J. And I like Colleen, too.

Let's face it. They're both scrumptious!

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

And your lovely Colleen has not yet offered to clean your house?

17 October 2007 at 08:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home