A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Aye CAR-rumba!

I've got new car fever, Ms J.

Remember when I first bought my little Honda? I liked it, but wished it was a bit sportier, a bit more posh. I met with a friend this morning, and after breakfast, we went to visit our local Mazda dealer. We test drove a brand new Mazda 3.

What an awesome car! Much nicer than my plain old Civic. My Civic has only two doors. The Mazda had four. My Civic has a standard transmission. The Mazda had an automatic, a four-speed automatic. And it can still be shifted manually if I prefer. Wicked cool! It has a massive glove compartment, four wheel disc brakes, more horsepower, power windows and door locks. I can order it in a dazzling blue, with alloy wheels and a power moon roof. It even comes with a special iPod adaptor so I can rock AND roll.

But I mustn't be too hasty. I mustn't allow myself to make a rash decision as I did when I bought the Honda. Tomorrow, Bob and I plan to visit a Honda dealer and test drive a new Civic. I like the look of the new Civics as well as the Mazdas, Ms J, and I want to make sure I can live with my decision after the fact.

Ooooohhhh, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve!

***

1 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Looks good, Dale, but I bet the steering wheel is on the wrong side! ;)

14 October 2007 at 14:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home