This 'n That
Is it just me, Ms J, or does everybody see April snow as evil?
I rose this morning and opened the blinds to gaze into the garden. What I saw both surprised and disgusted me. The grass was white. The flower beds were white. Even the tin roof of the shed. It was white too. And Alan's old car still parked in the driveway. White. Every bloody thing was white.
Snow, Ms Journal. It had snowed in the night. Quietly. Surreptitiously. Underhandedly. Not much, mind you. But it was snow nonetheless.
There is absolutely no reason for snow in April. April showers bring May flowers. Snow is an abomination this time of year. It's currently -5C in Mimico. What has happened to spring?
I donated some money to the "Neil" fund. I did it anonymously. They say the doctors give him "weeks" to live. I remain astonished at the amount of support he's gotten from a group of people who barely tolerated him. Freak.
My bird feeder has been visited by a number of squirrels and pigeons. They dominate the feeder, throwing seed all over the ground and often bullying the sparrows. I don't want to feed pigeons. Or squirrels. I loathe squirrels. They're everywhere here in Mimico. Indeed, they were in my attic when I first bought this house. I borrowed a pellet gun from Angry Bob thinking I'd use it to deter unwanted guests at my feeder.
This morning, I took a shot at a squirrel that had managed somehow to scale the thin metal pole and was hanging upside down furiously scattering bird seed. I missed the cursed animal and ruined my feeder. Now I have to buy a new bird feeder.
I know. Serves me right for shooting at the poor, defenceless animals. Tree rats.
I'll return the gun to Bob. My squirrel-hunting days are over.
***

2 Comments:
Aren't we lucky God loves us regardless of who we are or how we behave?
That ability is what separates us from him.
We have squirrels here too, Dale. The grey ones. Red squirrels are an endangered species now in Britain. But I do love seeing them. Mind you, there aren't too many of them here for them to be a nuisance.
Post a Comment
<< Home