On and On, Anon.
Morning.
Just a few words about anonymous commenters:
Although I usually choose not to respond to comments, I always read them. The Truth is that I enjoy comments - most of them, anyway. When folks comment, it shows me someone out there is reading my blog. Someone is interested in what I've written, and it has stirred them enough to comment on it.
What I don't like, however, are negative, hurtful or glib remarks. Yes, I have written unkind things here and perhaps I need to be held accountable. I won't argue that. But this is my blog, my space, and these are my opinions and thoughts. As someone suggested recently, it's a journal, a sort of online diary. I have been honest about who I am and about what I think, and I have courageously chosen to share many intimate facets of my Life here. I suppose there's a fine line between bravery and stupidity.
All I ask in return is that commenters offer words that are gentle, whether directed at me or at each other. Of course, we're all entitled to opinions. But maybe we could soften them somehow. And quite honestly, I've been considering blocking anonymous comments. Some of them lately have really hurt, and it just seems a trifle cowardly to offer critical comments and then scurry back into the underbrush of anonymity.
Emotionally, I am not healthy right now. I'm asking you to be mindful of that. Please be gentle, and if possible, affirming and uplifting in your remarks. If it's admonishment I need, so be it. But be kind.
Please.
***


4 Comments:
Comments are great! I love getting them, too. But one doesn't expect mean or small-minded sort of remarks on a blog. That's just being unnecessarily cruel and rude.
So sorry you're having to go through all this Dale. Thinking of you.
Hang in there Dale.
My, I feel quite badly since it was my (unfortunately rash) comment that started this anonymous business. Dale, I owe you two apologies. Firstly, I apologize for posting a rash comment without thinking about it carefully. Second I am sorry that it sort of distracted away from discussion on your current crisis. My comment was rash and was more out of triggering frustration within me wherein friends and neighbors have asked and received free advice and occasionally counsel from my wife when they are in trouble; however I have overhead these same people trash talk lawyers at cocktail parties. I am certainly not saying you are one of these people; I do not even know you. However it triggered an age old frustration of mine and I unfairly commented before thinking about it. I hope you can resolve your issues with CN. For the record, Canadian courts historically favour the employee in an employee/employer dispute… so option 3 may not carry as much risk as you think.
‘Michelle’ / ‘Jennefer’ : I absolutely do NOT feel ANY need to apologize nor defend my position to post ‘anonymously’. Deal with it.
Post a Comment
<< Home