A Classic Sunday
I went to church early this morning, Ms J. I was awake early anyway, thinking about Daniel and about Meagan and about my job and where I might be working in the new year. It was just after 5:00 when I woke up, and I wasted no time at all before I began worrying. I rolled over and over but could find no comfort in my bed. At 7:00, I got up and showered. Downstairs, I sipped my coffee and watched the sparrows squabble over the last few grains of millet in the feeder.
I was the designated opener this morning. I arrived at church around 9:00 to prepare the sanctuary for worship. I opened the doors and lit candles and turned on the lights. I enjoy being alone in the church.
There was a Christmas play performed by the congregation this morning. I did not participate at all. I wasn’t asked. At first, I felt hurt and neglected. They all know how I love to perform for an audience. But the more I think about it, the less I bother myself. I’ve been dealing with a lot of troubles lately. I really didn’t need the additional responsibility of learning a script, even a small one. Besides, it was fun to sit and watch.
There was a music concert at church this afternoon. It was the inaugural performance of the Mimico Chamber Orchestra. Our choir director brought the musicians together and after some weeks of rehearsal, they presented a two hour concert for us. It was brilliant, Ms J! I’ve never been to this type of concert before. There were strings and flutes and two French horns and an oboe, a clarinet, and a bassoon. They played a Schubert symphony and a concerto by Mozart. I thought the Schubert part was better.

Classical Music. Awesome!
It was more fun because I knew some of the performers. Erin was a violinist. Her mum and dad go to my church. Carolyn played a violin as well. And Patrick, another man from Wesley, played the double bass.
It was a very enjoyable way to spend a Sunday afternoon, Ms J. And only a few blocks from home. I really must try to learn more about this type of music. It could be I’ve been missing out on something wonderful.
***

2 Comments:
Praise be for Christmas concerts in all of their forms.
Christmas is certainly the time for good music and concerts!
Post a Comment
<< Home