Installing "LOVE"
Customer: Well, I'm not very technical, but I think I'm ready to install it now. What do I do first?
Tech Support: The first step is to open your HEART. Have you located your HEART, madam?
Customer: Yes, I have, but there are several other programmes running right now. Is it okay to install while they are running?
Tech Support: What programmes are running, madam?
Customer: Let's see... I have PAST-HURT.EXE, LOW- ESTEEM.EXE, GRUDGE.EXE, and RESENTMENT.COM running now.
Tech Support: No problem. LOVE will gradually erase PAST-HURT.EXE from your current operating system. It may remain in your permanent memory, but it will no longer disrupt other programmes. LOVE will eventually overwrite LOW-ESTEEM.EXE with a module of its own called HIGH-ESTEEM.EXE. However, you have to completely turn off GRUDGE.EXE and RESENTMENT.COM. Those programmes prevent LOVE from being properly installed. Can you turn those off, madam?
Customer: I don't know how to turn them off. Can you tell me how?
Tech Support: My pleasure. Go to your Start menu and run FORGIVENESS.EXE. Do this as many times as necessary until it's erased the programmes you don't want.
Customer: Okay, now LOVE has started installing itself automatically. Is that normal?
Tech Support: Yes. You should receive a message that says it will reinstall for the life of your HEART. Do you see that message?
Customer: Yes, I do. Is it completely installed?
Tech Support: Yes, but remember that you have only the basic programme. You need to begin connecting to other HEARTS in order to get the upgrades.
Customer: Oops. I have an error message already. What should I do?
Tech Support: What does the message say?
Customer: It says "ERROR 412 - PROGRAMME NOT RUN ON INTERNAL COMPONENTS." What does that mean?
Tech Support: Don't worry, madam. That's a common problem. It means that the LOVE programme is set up to run on external HEARTS but has not yet been run on your HEART. It is one of those complicated programming things, but in non-technical terms, it means you have to "LOVE" your own machine before it can "LOVE" others.
Customer: So what should I do?
Tech Support: Can you pull down the directory called "SELF ACCEPTANCE"?
Customer: Yes, I have it.
Tech Support: Excellent. You're getting good at this. Now, click on the following files and then copy them to the "MYHEART" directory: FORGIVE-SELF.DOC, REALIZE-WORTH.TXT, and ACKNOWLEDGE-LIMITATIONS.DOC. The system will overwrite any conflicting files and begin patching any faulty programming. Also, you need to delete SELF-CRITIC.EXE from all directories, and then empty your recycle bin afterwards to make sure it is completely gone and never comes back.
Customer: Got it. Hey! My HEART is filling up with new files. SMILE.MPG is playing on my monitor right now and it shows that PEACE.EXE, and CONTENTMENT.TXT are copying themselves all over my HEART. Is this normal?
Tech Support: Usually. For some it takes a while, but eventually everything gets downloaded at the proper time. So, LOVE is installed and running. You should be able to handle it from here. Ah, one more thing.
Customer: Yes?
Tech Support: LOVE is freeware. Be sure to give it and its various components to everybody you meet. They will in turn share it with other people and they will return some really brilliant modules back to you.
Customer: I will! Thank you so much for your help!
Tech Support: My pleasure, madam. Thanks for calling and have a good day.

4 Comments:
That's cool :o)
I love that! Thanks for sharing your LOVE and your HEART!!!
~Zette~
sheesh dale.. WTG!!! I'm off posting sarcastic holiday cartoons and when i get done and browse, here ya are with a real sweet thingie. awwwww.... walking the razor edge of sappy, but not fallin off it. good on ya friend, ya must be feeling... 'the spirit'.
That is really lovely, Dale. I'm going to print that off and take it to show the others on my counselling course at the weekend.
Post a Comment
<< Home