A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Remembrance Day

I'm off to Ottawa tomorrow, Ms J, to attend Remembrance Day ceremonies in our nation's capital. Remembrance Day is on Sunday, November 11th. I thought maybe Dad might like to attend the nationally televised event, and when I asked him, he accepted the invitation immediately. Mum, of course, asked to come along too, for who can better care for her man than she herself? Brother Pat also accepted an invitation.

So tomorrow morning, we'll board a GO train here in Mimico and travel to Toronto's great Union Station to catch the VIA train that will carry the four of us to Ottawa. We plan to do some sightseeing as well: Dad wants to visit the new Canadian War Museum and we hope to go to the National Library building and see if we can find Dad's book.

All Aboard, Ms J. En Voiture, as they say in French.

See you next week!

(Oh, and I forgot to tell you .... I'm getting my new car on Tuesday.) Yippee!!!

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Remi said...

Plan for a few hours at the war museum. . . At least. I spent two hours there this summer and only got through about 3/4's of it. It is impressive, though.

8 November 2007 at 16:09  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Haven't made it to the war museum yet, but I've heard good things. Bon voyage.

8 November 2007 at 17:06  
Blogger Lorna said...

Welcome to Ottawa. So far, Saturday is beautiful, if a tad cool. You'll be right in my neighbourhood if you go to the War Muemorial---the ceremony there is always very moving.

10 November 2007 at 15:07  
Blogger Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

Sounds like really nice trip for all of you, particularly your Dad.

I shall be listening at home.

11 November 2007 at 11:04  

Post a Comment

<< Home