Rejoice? I Should Rejoice?!!!
I walked to church this morning. A few people met me on the sidewalk in front of the church and asked if I would be preaching this morning. I told them no. It was planned and advertised that I’d be doing the sermon this Sunday, but I just couldn’t do it. I didn’t go into detail with the crowd on the sidewalk. I just told them I’d been too busy with the play I was in.
I didn’t get much out of the service, really. It’s Christ The King Sunday, the last Sunday in the regular church calendar. Next Sunday marks the beginning of Advent and the lead-up to Christmas. I wish Christmas wouldn’t even happen this year.
The closing hymn was “Rejoice, The Lord is King”.
Where is he then, Ms J? Where is this king? I honestly haven’t seen too much of him lately. Rejoice? Why? Rejoice about what? I may have no job. My ex-wife is an idiot. My son is living on the street. My grandson is left with his retarded mother and idiot grandmother in a hovel in the middle of nowhere. And my daughter refuses to return my calls.
I abandoned the hymn book before the song had even ended.
Rejoice indeed.
You know, Ms J, sometimes I wonder why I go to church at all.
***


14 Comments:
It's not God's fault Dale. It's not your fault either. Life sucks sometimes.
Rejoice that you live in one of the wealthiest countries in the world..a country where you can live free to worship your choice of God, speak the language that you want, and basically have freedoms that other countries' citizens only dream of. Rejoice that YOU are of relatively sound mind and body, while others are trapped in bodies that don't function or minds that have left them "retarded". Rejoice that you have family and friends that would drop everything at a moments notice, while others have no companionship,siblings, or parents to call their own. For I wept because I had no shoes, and then I met a man with no feet. Rejoice !
For fear of sounding like one of "Job's" friends, I will only say that I am praying for you.
That was me.
Judy - www.judyh58.blogspot.com
I'm with Jennefer on this one sausage...ya know she's right. As Linda said, it's nobody's fault...its life, deep down, i know you know that too.
I like Jen's idea....take some action! Look at possible alternatives in case you do lose your job....start making plans.
As for Meagan, well sausage, your legs and arms are'nt painted on...go over and see her, she's a confused teen.....she aint going anywhere. Get off that arse before you force me to come over there......
Where is God?
Right there with you...waiting patiently for you to see Him or sense Him...but most of all for you to let Him in.
Do you think your daughter is avoiding you because she doesn't want you pressing from the other side? When I learned to shut up with my opinion of how horrid her life was and be quiet with my opinion....that's when she opened up, let her guard down and let me in.
It seems so trivial to say that this will pass and that something better is on it's way - but your life and mine has proven that time and time again.
God loves you Dale and so do a lot of other people. He's right here and so are we.
The Dale who stole Christmas.
Every Who
Down in Who-ville
Liked Christmas a lot...
But the Dale,
Who lived just South of Who-ville,
Did NOT!
The Dale hated Christmas!
The whole Christmas season! ....
I suppose you think it's funny. But I am in no mood to laugh. In fact, I am seriously considering deleting this post entirely.
It's good to go for a walk when you feel like this, a long one in a natural area if you can. Walking can really help one to slough off depression and despair. You've been through a lot, and it's bound to weigh you down. If walking doesn't work for you, find a way to fill yourself up.
A futher thought: I believe that if God exisits, he does so to fix us from the inside out, not too fix our situations from the outside in. Fix isn't the right word though. In your walk or song or solitude or visiting with friends or whatever you need to do to restore your spirit, it is possible to get in touch with the peace and calm in the centre of your being. I believe that and may even have achieved it ... once ... back in 1983. :)
Hang on! You are loved and you will get through this. Hang on!
Take the hand that is offered Dale. You will be glad you did.
I miss my friend and am deeply sorry I haven't been around for you. I hope you'll find the peace within you... the you I have long adored and admired.
BIG TEXAS HUGS AND KISSES!!!
Hi Dale
I think I'm probably one of only a few of your commenters (or even the only one) who doesn't believe in god in any way, shape or form. What I do believe in is that people are inherently good. Yeah, there are a few exceptions, but on the whole people want to be good to each other and just get on with their lives. I know you've been through a lot and if you want to have a rant, yell and even a wallow you have every right to. And you'll come out of it when you're ready. I'll be checking in every day. I care about you and find your blog entertaining, your struggles a comfort (it helps to know that you go through similar sorts of shit as us) and consider you a friend even though we've not even met in real live. Hang in there dude xx
Your blog is a journal so if you need to rant, yell or wallow--this is the place! Even though some of the advice offered is really good advice, you didn't ask for any advice or tips. Sometimes a person just needs to work through things without other people trying to "fix" them!
Post a Comment
<< Home