A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Thanks, everyone

I appreciate your comments. I do. Rather than respond to every one, I'll just respond to the anonymous commenter, whoever it may be:

... as small a gesture as it would be it could be the gesture that saves you from being a very lonely old man in the future.

I'm doing the best I can. I'll do what's right. Eventually. But I'll do it when it feels right. Or when I can no longer bear the pain of the status quo. I'm struggling with some very difficult issues right now. But I ain't afraid of being a "very lonely old man."

If I were, I'd rush out and latch on to the first pathetic partner I could find. I know people who've done just that. But I won't mention any names.




Guess what, Ms J? I have air conditioning now. A system of central air conditioning. Ductless air conditioning, it’s called. Two men were here all day. They worked for more than three hours outside in the cold and rain. They first installed a unit on the wall at the top of the stairs and then another unit outside. It will cool the bedrooms and the main floor as well.

$2990.65

I know. It seems a lot of money right now. But come summer, when the humidex reaches 40C, it will be a wise investment. I’m absolutely sure of it.

Off I go now to another rehearsal for G.A.'s play. It opens on Saturday evening. Lord, help us!

I'll tell you a bit later about the kind generosity of friends and acquaintances.

Gotta run. Bye!

***

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Ignore non. We all know what a fine man you are Dale, and so do you. You do what you feel is right for you, not anon.

YOU HAVE AIR CONDITIONING!!!!!!
Geez, you could have sent these guys down under. I'm still suffering 34C without airconditioning...part still stuck in Brisbane somewhere ggrrrrrrrrrrr.

15 November 2005 at 20:29  
Blogger PBS said...

Yay for air conditioning! Now only if it was summertime and you could enjoy it! Well, soon enough, I guess.

15 November 2005 at 22:36  
Blogger Zette said...

When I read that comment, the first thing that ran thru my mind was that ANON obviously doesn't know you or read your blog much. If votes were taken, you'd be chosen 'least likely to be lonely'!!!

Congratulations on the new AC system. Will it cook you too or is that a different system being installed? (via the asbestos removal?)

16 November 2005 at 02:13  
Blogger Dale said...

Just a/c, Zette. The new furnace (sans asbestos) won't be installed til January, I'm told.

16 November 2005 at 09:21  
Blogger Sarah said...

oooooo A/C. You wonder how you lived without it for so long!

No way we could live without it down here.

16 November 2005 at 11:03  
Blogger Ms Mac said...

While we all know that anonymous comments should be ignored, it is often very difficult not to be hurt by them. I try to take solace in the fact that those write anonymous comments, letters, notes are cowardly. If you can't put your name to anything you write you know in your heart that you shouldn't be writing it!

Off my soapbox now. Enjoy your AC!

16 November 2005 at 14:39  
Blogger Dee said...

I have not commented on your blog before but I have read your comments on a.c's blog and I have a feeling that you will not be a lonely old man. There is a difference between being alone and lonely. You do not seem lonely. I agree with ms.mac...very cowardly to do it that way.

16 November 2005 at 16:50  

Post a Comment

<< Home