A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Enough Already!!

Rogers Cable is the local supplier of television programming and broadband internet service here in Mimico -- indeed, throughout the entire metropolis of Toronto. The telephone company (Bell Canada) competes for a share of that business. Recently, Rogers has begun offering telephone service to their customers. I use Rogers internet and television service, but I'm quite content to remain with Bell for my phone connection. Never, will I ever consider switching to Rogers for my phone. Here's why:

Twice a week, on average, someone from Rogers phones me up to try to sell me their "Total Rogers Bundle". Each time, I'm interrupted to answer the phone and each time, I politely tell the salesperson I'm not interested. I've asked them to stop calling me, but they persist. It's a different person each time, but still, you'd think they'd get the message. I don't want Rogers phone service. I don't want it.

In the past two weeks, I've been summoned at least three times to the front door by someone trying to entice me to buy more Rogers services. It's not enough that they keep phoning. Now they're hawking their crap door to door, like Avon. Or Jehovah's Witnesses.

So far, I've been nice. So far, I've politely refused their offer and gently bid the callers good-bye. So far. But I am beginning to lose my patience, Ms Journal. I'm nearing the end of my tether.

It's not the salesperson's fault, really. They're given a list of streets to canvas and they go forth in the hope of earning a little money in commission sales. It's a tough job, Ms J, and not one I'd fancy doing. But surely to goodness, there must be a way of keeping track of the people who've declined their offer. There must be a list somewhere of phone numbers and addresses they've already contacted.

STOP CALLING ME! STOP PESTERING ME! LEAVE ME IN PEACE!!

Don't make me get angry with you. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.


GRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!

***

6 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You're right! You're just as menacing as ... Bill Bixby.

10 November 2005 at 12:42  
Blogger magz said...

hehe, dont get me started ole friend, for 'tween me n danno we've learned to be most effectively (and even more hilariously) rude to telemarketers, man we got some goodies fer 1-liners.

bless ya dale, for yer kind thoughts for i AM.. getting better. And yes, I bleeve her new name is Alpo.

love ya, shall return!

10 November 2005 at 20:35  
Blogger Zette said...

Have you tried CALLING THEM to ask that they not call or visit again? You might try speaking to a supervisor next time, along with taking names and ID numbers. Sometimes, and this sucks, you have to initiate the trouble to get them to listen. Good luck.

(BTW....green is my favorite color!)

10 November 2005 at 20:51  
Blogger PBS said...

Yikes, that's scary!

I used to have MCI call me all the time. Then I got caller ID and don't pick up "unknown" callers. The door to door thing is even more annoying, though.

10 November 2005 at 21:37  
Blogger Donna said...

I would second putting a notice on your door. We did this at the last house when we were getting callers every week (usually trying to get us to change gas or electricity supplier). Ours went something like this:

"If you are calling to sell us something, or to ask us to change supplier, please don't. We have both been at work all day and are not interested."

We also registered to have no sales calls, and eventually put a block on calls with no caller line identity.

No one phones us on the landline now except family - it's great!

11 November 2005 at 04:37  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Oh, The Incredible Hulk. I used to love that!

11 November 2005 at 15:57  

Post a Comment

<< Home