A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

A Year Already

I arrived home from Windsor the other day to a big surprise. I opened the front door and immediately noticed rose petals on the floor. Pink rose petals. They were scattered about willy-nilly from the front door, into the living room and up the stairs to the bedroom. A bouquet of roses sat next to a glass of red wine on the shelf in the hall. There was a note taped to the banister: “I love you!” An arrow pointed toward the fireplace mantle. There, I found an envelope with a card in it. I left the envelope there and followed more arrows. Along the way, I found little notes from Colleen explaining what it is about me that makes her love me so.

Your sense of humour.
Your silliness.
Your soft touch.
Your tender kisses.
Your honesty.
Your giving heart.
Your passion for justice.

There were others. I smiled at each one.

Then I climbed the stairs to the bedroom.

Happy Anniversary, Colleen. It’s been a year now. I’m still happy. Still in Love.

Despite the changes we've weathered and the ones surely yet to come, I remain your biggest fan and your best friend.

I love you.



***

2 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

HAPPY anniversary to you both! Hope you have many, many more. (has it been a year already? that sure went fast!)

11 September 2008 at 12:42  
Blogger Jennytc said...

How wonderful. I wish you both every happiness together. :)

12 September 2008 at 17:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home