Yes, Ms Journal ...
I'm still alive. Thanks for worrying about me. I'm still training on the Montreal jobs. I'll spend another week there before moving on to the last two corridors of VIA's territory here in Southern Ontario. My training is nearly half finished. I feel pretty confident on the Montreal/Ottawa portions, but still have a lot to learn.
It sure is a much better place to work than the shit-hole I left behind. So far, I've been given new clothes (hats, scarf, rain gear, winter jacket, spring jacket, ten shirts, and three pairs of pants). I've been sent to take a course in Montreal where all my expenses were covered. I'm being paid full wages for training. And last week, I received a package from VIA with travel vouchers for free travel across all of Canada. The vouchers allow free travel for employees, their "dependents and spouse or companion" from coast to coast in order to "get to know VIA better." And it's all first class, Ms J!
I'm beginning to like this place. I'm moving slowly away from the darkness of anger and bitterness to the Light of something new and good and more than fair. Yup. I'm really getting to like this new employer. All I have to do now, Ms J, is learn how to do my new job.
And I will!
Colleen and I are off tomorrow for a little driving holiday. We thought perhaps we'd head east along the north shore of Lake Ontario toward the St. Lawrence River. I hope the weather is nice. We'll take some photos.
See you later!
***

1 Comments:
Yea! An update post. Glad to know things are looking good and heading towards great.
Those vouchers will be nice for your friends and family, eh?
Take care sweetie and soak up the sun.
Post a Comment
<< Home