Making Bread -- It's a Slice!
Meagan phoned today.
"I'm at work, Dad, on my break. This is my second day. I'm working in the bakery, eh? I love it. I worked six and a half hours yesterday and I'm getting eight and a half hours today. I was wondering if you might have time to pop by and see me, you know, at work, at my job."
I smiled, Ms J. I'm still smiling. Of course I drove to Georgetown and found my girl enjoying the sunshine outside the store. I rolled the window down and called to her.
"Hey, you! Get to work!"
She turned and smiled when she saw me.
"Dad! I didn't think you'd come. I thought you'd probably be going to work. I'm on my lunch. I have twenty more minutes. Can you stay for a while?"
I drove her to McDonalds next door and bought her some lunch. She was so full of excitement about her job, she barely had time to eat her chicken wrap. She was glowing with self-satisfaction, Ms J, and I was happy to be there to bask in it.
"Do you need any bread, Dad? You should buy a loaf of bread so I can slice it for you. The bread slicer is awesome!"
So I did.
And she did.
And it is.
They both are.
Awesome, I mean.
I adore that girl.
Tomorrow, we're going to the Canadian National Exhibition. The CNE. The "EX." Dan and Sarah and Meagan and I.
Awesome!
***

2 Comments:
Very cool!!! Congrats to your daughter!!!!
Very good. Enjoy the EX; it's been quite awhile since I was there last. More than two decades maybe?
Post a Comment
<< Home