Funny, Funky, Fearful Friday.
It's Friday, Ms J. So what, you say. Friday's just another day, right? An ordinary day, right? It began that way, it's true. But through a series of odd occurrences, it ended with me feeling amused, befuddled, proud, angry and just a little bit fearful. Here Ms Journal, in no particular order, is what I witnessed today:
Three young men lined up beside the track this afternoon and displayed six bare, white buttocks to a thousand homebound commuters. I offered a blast on the whistle as we passed and they all jumped away in fright. (That was the amusing part.)
Meagan went to the dentist today, her last visit. She's had eleven cavities filled and the cost of it all was over $2000. My company dental plan paid $1600 and I paid the rest. Thank goodness for dental plans. We were on our way home at 10:30 and Meagan wanted to go back to school. Wanted to go to school! (Proud, Ms J.)
I spoke with her mum later. Kelly's excited about opening a ... Are you ready for this one, Ms J? ... A s*xual r*treat. "It's really cool, Dale. It has a dungeon and everything. Meagan helped decorate it last weekend. She was a big help. It's not like I'm doing it myself, eh? People who are into the Lifestyle will pay big bucks to have a special place to get away. We have toys and little fantasy chambers and stuff. We'll welcome gays and straights and transgendered people or anybody at all who's into the Lifestyle. We've spent so much money on it. We've spent like $3000, eh? Tim's mum helped too. I've been into the Lifestyle for a few years now and I really think this business will take off." (Yeah. Befuddled here.)
This "business" is planned for a small town in a rural area. The town has about eight churches. 3000 conservative townsfolk. A few hundred local farmers. And a sizable population of Mennonites. How do I know this? Because it's the town where my parents live! Should I tell them, or wait until they hear about it on the news?
Kelly plans to move again, this time to another town near her business. Of course, she'll take my daughter and my grandson. They'll be MUCH further away from me. Meagan will have to attend a new school. Again. Make new friends. Again. And I really don't want her exposed to the deviants who'll freak-quent Kelly's establishment. I don't want her exposed to Kelly's "Lifestyle." (Mmmm-hmmm. That's the angry and fearful part.) My God, Ms J! What on earth is that woman thinking??
So it's been a bit of a strange day. I'm off to bed now. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.
***


5 Comments:
Do you have an address for this retreat and will there be grand opening discounts?
It would be good for Kelly to move away to another town, I think! Although then Meagan would be further away, too. Bet the commuters laughed to see those young guys jump at the whistle!
Oh my - that woman really is "interesting" isn't she?
I agree with anon 1. Can you give us a map?
That's a real shame Dale. Meagan seemed happy with where she lives and has settled at school now, hasn't she? Could she come and live with you? Would it be commutable to school from yours?
Post a Comment
<< Home