A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Waiting for the Wood

Well, Ms J, here I sit, drumming my fingers and peering expectantly out the window each time I hear a truck on the street. I'm waiting delivery of the lumber and building material I'll need for the deck.

"Between 9 and 3," I told them. "I work a split shift and I'll be home then to receive the order. Earlier is better, actually."

The man had smiled broadly and nodded and noted my request on the computer. I wondered then what it was that made him smile so. I suppose he knew that the note would mean nothing to the driver. I should consider myself lucky if my order arrives at all today. I do hope it comes in time for me to store the bags of concrete - I've ordered fourteen of them, Ms J. They weigh 35 kgs each - in the garage out of the rain.

Yeah, it's a damp, dreary day today here in Mimico, and I do hope I can keep the concrete dry. I have no need of fourteen 70 lb. stones, even if they are neatly wrapped in paper.

I'll let you know how things turn out.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You see? For just $12000 more, Rona might have delivered them on time. :)

27 June 2006 at 13:44  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'd phone them prior to you leaving for work to see if they will be there before you leave.

27 June 2006 at 19:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home