A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, March 06, 2006

Best Friends

They say you can't have more than one "best friend." But I love all my friends, Ms J. They're all the best friends any man could ever ask for.

I went to visit Frankie today. She's a school teacher but she doesn't work every day.

"If ever you find yourself at home during the day, Frankie," I often tell her, "give me a call and we'll have lunch together."

So she did. I took some leftover lasagna and some bread, fresh from the bakery, and drove to her house around 1:00. No, Ms Journal. I did not eat any bread. My friend enjoyed a couple of slices though, and of course she made certain I was reminded repeatedly of my Lenten promise.

Thank-you, Frankie. You were very helpful.

We talked about Meagan and about Kelly. We talked about Life - Frankie's and mine. Frankie is a spiritual woman, gentle and sweet. Her husband, Tom is a lucky man. (You owe me $5 now, Frankie) And I always enjoy her company. (Make it 10.)

Two hours passed quickly while we ate and chatted, and soon I had to return to work.

Look at this, Ms J. Look at what Frankie gave me, "just because."


It's made of plaster, I think, but it looks like stone. It's meant to appear cracked.

I've been signing my e-mail "Live. Love. Laugh." for years now. It's become a kind of Dale trademark. What a sweetheart, eh? Thanks, Frankie!

See what I mean, Ms J? Don't I have the absolute BEST friends?

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

What a thoughtful lady :)

7 March 2006 at 00:58  
Blogger Donna said...

I thought it looked like a biscuit - but maybe that's because I'm dieting ...

7 March 2006 at 04:53  
Blogger PBS said...

Very nice!

7 March 2006 at 09:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home