A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, November 07, 2004

A Peaceful Sunday.

I was alone today, and at peace. I went to church this morning and, as it was a Remembrance Day service, I quite enjoyed it. The altar was decorated with poppies. When we sang "Oh Canada", I thought of the soldiers who died for our freedom in two world wars. And I felt such gratitude.

My father turned 18 in 1940. He joined the Army that year and sailed from Halifax in 1941 to fight. My son is 18. I thought then of Daniel going off to fight a war in some faraway place and I choked back tears just as the final strains of our national anthem faded. Remembrance Day is November 11. It's always an emotional time for me. I'll write more about it on Thursday.

We performed our third show in Caledon on Saturday night. It was fantastic! We were so focused. So completely in synch with each other. We all had a brilliant time and it showed. The audience laughed and clapped their approval throughout the show and at the end, as we came out again for the curtain call, we received a standing ovation. They loved us!!

Oh gosh. I'm filled even now with such a feeling of pride and accomplishment. It's so satisfying to be a part of something. I adore the theatre, Ms J. I adore being on stage with others. It absolutely fills my spirit!!

Some of my friends have come out to see us and their accolades resonate in me for days afterward

Hi Dale!
That play was awesome. All of you guys did a fantastic job on bringing it to life. Not that we're biased or anything but Stanley Gardner stole the show. What an absolute howl, we haven't laughed that hard in a long time. A job well done to all of you!! Break a leg... see you in a couple of weeks.
Kirk & Rey



Brilliant! You were just brilliant! What a great performance last night. You are such a talented actor and wonderful friend.
Tom and I loved the show. BRAVO!

Love Frankie



My friend, Dianne has a home near Caledon. She sent me this excerpt from the Orangeville Banner entertainment page:

"Dale Pringle is exceptional as Stanley--and just as in No Sex Please, We're British, he steals the spotlight. A performance that commands the audience's attention, it's difficult not to enjoy Pringle's take on the skittish and excitable Stanley. He brings an extra dose of tension to the play, where needed, and successfully navigates the plot--and the laughs."

"Caught In The Net" is a hit, Ms J. They love us! I can't wait til Thursday so we can do it again!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger magz said...

stealin the show, eh? TOOOOO COOOOOOL! whens the video come out?

8 November 2004 at 10:13  
Blogger Jennytc said...

Oh I would love to have seen the performance. I'm glad you were so pleased with the latest performance. Well done, you!!

9 November 2004 at 16:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home