He's Baaaaaaaaaaack!!
The Boy has returned to live with me. I went to pick him up in Acton after work last night. He was waiting for me, his suitcase packed and sitting by the door. Dan brought his CD's and his stereo. He brought a wicker clothes hamper and some dumb bells. He brought his kitty, Tara, and her litter box and food. He brought all the stuff he had with him the last time he came to live with me. But this time, however, he came with a few new things, things he did not possess last time.
This time round, Dan has hope. He has a job to go to. He has a much lighter heart this time. He has an Ohio trip to look forward to. His mind is clear and he seems much more relaxed, much calmer. My son has a healthy enthusiasm for Life and a noticable excitement about the adventures that lie ahead.
In the car, we chatted. Talked, actually. I can't even remember the last time we had a conversation. For a few years now, it was Dan talking endlessly about some topic that I could barely understand, support or relate to (Music for instance. Or recreational drugs.) while I nodded and grunted. A long car ride seemed interminable.
But not last night, Ms J. We talked! Both of us. We SHARED a conversation. How lovely!
At home, I helped him carry his possessions upstairs to his room. He was still busy sorting it all out when I went to bed.
I laid awake for some time, listening to the floor creaking as Dan moved things about. He was doing his best not to disturb me, but it was clear he felt more comfortable here than he did last summer. You may recall, Ms J, how that venture ended disastrously, with me yelling and Dan crying.
It all feels different this time. Much different. The atmosphere is more relaxed and jovial. Dan is a much calmer young man this time. He takes anti-depressant medication four times daily and a very mild sedative to help him sleep at night. He wakes in a good mood, rested and ready to greet the day. What a welcome change!
Tomorrow, he starts his new job. He'll be working full time at a video store, only a few minutes walk from here. He's looking forward to that. $8 hr.
Don't you just love it when your prayers are answered?

3 Comments:
Dale,
I am soo exited for you and Dan....This must be so great for you to have your son move in with you, and with starting a new job....what an accomplishment!!!
WAY TO GO DAN!!!!! I'm pulling for you ALL THE WAY!!!!
I hope and pray that all will work out for you both.....
And YES Dale, I do love when prayers are answered...
You told me to Let Go and Let God....Our God is an AWESOME God!!!!! I have not said that in over 18 months.
I just want to say good luck Dan and Dale....and Dale.....THANKS for being here for me......
Larry
What a wonderful ending :o)
That's brilliant! I'm so glad things are going better with Dan now.
Post a Comment
<< Home