Worst Performance Ever
Well, that was horrible. We did another show tonight (Thursday). It started out shakey and just got worse. We all made mistakes. I made the most. And the the biggest. I made a mess of about four different scenes: A scene with Jenn that we've always done perfectly. A scene with Robin that I've never had a problem with before. A number of little stumbles and gaffs in scenes with Mike, and I made a big mistake with Kim that cost us an entire page of text.
I really feel bad. I feel like I let everyone down tonight. And I spent the entire drive home, beating myself up about it. It's not like it was opening night for goodness sake! We've done this show seven times. Eight now. You'd think we'd know it by now.
It's difficult to return to the stage after being away for four or five days. That's true. And the audience really seemed to enjoy themselves. They laughed and clapped at all the appropriate places. They didn't know how it was supposed to look.
I'm going to give myself a hug right now and then tuck myself into bed. I'll do better tomorrow night.

2 Comments:
Dale,
You didn't let ANYONE down....Yes it wasn't the best performance, but we can now go out with an absolute bang!!!!
WE WILL ROCK THE LAST TWO PERFORMANCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Larry
As long as the audience enjoyed it so what? We all make mistakes and I'll bet you wern't as bad as you imagine!!!
*hug*
Post a Comment
<< Home