A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Lest my ass be relocated to the small of my back.

"Do I have to spend the money on an air ticket and join Magz in an ass kicking expedition or are you gonna start forgiving yourself for normal human frailty??"

That's a very fair question, I think. I've pondered it for a while and this is what I've come up with:

I made a mistake. It wasn't my first. It won't be the last. Dan is my son, and I am his father. We are blood relatives. I love him. I know he loves me. We'll survive this and move forward into a deeper and hopefully stronger relationship. Here's what I'll take from this incident:

  • Anger is a mask to cover fear. What am I really afraid of?
  • Feeling hurt or frightened is NOT the same as feeling angry. Know the difference.
  • Anger is a normal emotion. What we do with anger is what separates the men from the boys.
  • I have 100% response-ability. I can choose to respond rather than react. I can choose the quality of my response.
  • A response is based on Love. Reactions are manifestations of fear.

    It is my choice to make. Fear? Or Love.

2 Comments:

Blogger magz said...

sounds like ya got it figgered out dale... thank gawd... cause i hate to fly, and thatsz a lotta gasmoney. specially after i swing by and pick up red. so turn on yer messenger!

9 September 2004 at 14:36  
Blogger gemmak said...

Nice one Dale :o) Good on ya xx

11 September 2004 at 04:56  

Post a Comment

<< Home