On My Answering Machine
One new message.
"Hi Dale. It's Jane. Just letting you know there will be fifty dollars in your account by the end of the day."
I know, Ms J. It isn't much, is it? A drop in the bucket, really. But at least she's trying. She's tried my hospitality. She's tried my generosity. Lord knows she's tried my patience. But she's now trying to repay the loan. I can't help but feel encouraged. Maybe I won't involve the courts just yet.
$4950 left to go.
***

2 Comments:
You are right, at least she is trying. That is how my hubbie helped me pay of my computer loan from my parents, one check at a time. Hopefully it will work for her as well.
How is the new lady in your life?
That's a very large sum to pay back and it may take her awhile. But at least she is trying.
Post a Comment
<< Home