Some Random Thoughts
Morning, Ms J.
I haven't much to report today. I can share a few brief thoughts with you though, and .. oh what the heck. I'll show you a couple of fun photos as well.
Ready?
- It's sunny and 13C. I should be at the church, finishing my painting job.
- Sunday was a bit of a blur. Big church service in the forenoon. Long rehearsal after lunch.
- I love my daughter more than I've ever loved anyone.

I love you, Scout.

To the moon and back!!!!
- Allan's estranged wife used to be my favourite GO girl. I'm trying not to, but I feel angry with her, and disappointed in the way she's treated Allan. I haven't spoken with her in weeks.
- Every cast has at least one weak link in it. This time, it's the young man who plays my son, Jud. I wish he'd learn his lines.

I know he'll get it right when it really matters. But still I worry.
- I wear a wig for more than half the play. It feels ridiculous, but they tell me it looks OK.

Scottie talks about his "delicate condition" with his ex-wife. "It's OK," he tells her. "I mean, I'm going to be around for awhile."
- I plan to attend a funeral tomorrow for a man who used to go to our church. Clarence. He was my Scout leader when I was a kid. Clarence suffered a stroke and died suddenly last week. He was the same age as Dad.
- My friend Carolyn is coming over on Wednesday to run lines with me. It's a great help to me.
- Neighbourhood squirrels are using my beautiful deck as a dinner plate. They're staining the wood with brown juice from the butternuts they eat there. I don't want to kill the little bastards, but I'm at my wit's end.
- I can't get used to the way I look without a moustache. And my shaven head is cold. I wear a hat indoors.

"POO!" (Meagan's artwork on my smooth dome)

And yes, dear Heather. Meagan shaved the tops of my ears.
- The trees have donned their autumn colours. I feel both happy and sad this time of year. The brilliant colours fill me with joy, yet I know they're a harbinger of death, and of winter's cold and snow. Brrrrr!

A flash of brilliance, then death.
- I wish I could get excited about Christmas. I used to enjoy it, Ms J, but lately, it's been stressful and disappointing. I hate shopping and wrapping gifts. I never know what to buy. Bah. Humbug!
Oops! Time to go back to work. TTFN!
***


6 Comments:
The new look really suits you, Dale! You look much younger without the moustache.
Yes, I think you look much younger like that too. Sorry to hear about Clarence, but it was good you could go to his funeral. Cute pictures!
I, like you , find autumn to be a beautiful, yet sorrowful time. Thanksgiving has all of the joys of Christmas (family, good food and drink) but none of the hassles of Christmas ( shopping, expense, anxiety,etc). As we slip into further darkness and cold,I find that I look forward to Christmas only because of what it is supposed to represent- love,brotherhood, and peace. Our family has decided to substantially
cut back on spending money on useless "packages, boxes, and bags" that have demeaned the holiday. Focus on "the reason for the season" and your heart will not be troubled by the trappings that have made Christmas the silly season of overspending anxiety.
Your pictures are really cute - and you do look younger without the grey.
Thanks also for the note ot my folks, it really meant a lot to them.
Your friend, Stace
I know about wearing hats in the house.
I keep wanting to say "break a leg", but then I remember that it lacks humour where you're concerned. :-) Whatever the case, all the best in the play.
Post a Comment
<< Home