A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Not Much ...

... to talk about today, Ms J. Allan's still here, still stunned, but recovering a little more each day. He's removed all his belongings from their matrimonial home and brought it all here. Suddenly, my little house is even smaller. But he's doing the best he can under very trying circumstances and I'm not complaining.

I spoke with Dan today. He and Maxine and Baby David are coming here to spend the weekend. Monday is Thanksgiving and I plan to cook a turkey and make a nice meal for us. Dan wants to take his girl downtown and show her the sights in the big city. I'll be the chauffeur and tour guide.

"Yeah, Dad. That'd be great. I don't have any money though. I used up my cheque at Wal-Mart, eh? David needed diapers and I got him a little shirt and some pants and socks. Ummm ... I was wondering if we might go to a toy store and get something for him. He doesn't have hardly any toys. And he still needs more clothes, Dad. He's pretty much grown out of everything he has."

Chauffeur, tour guide and financial support.

"Yeah, we'll see what we can do, son," I told him.

And then another thought came to mind.

"Listen, Dan," I began. "Do you think Maxine will pee the bed here? She peed on my new air mattress at Uncle Pat's land. Remember? If she pees on the bed here at home, it'll ruin the mattress. And I do have a friend living here for a while."

"No worries, Dad. I'll bring a diaper for her. It's OK. I've got it all covered."

So that's OK then, Ms J. Dan's got it all covered. I think I'll put a plastic sheet on the mattress anyway. You know. Just in case.

I'm picking them up on Saturday morning.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Yep, a plastic sheet would be wise, and if it's done before they arrive, no one will even know.

Hope you have a fantastic time and enjoy treating your son and grandson!

Donna x

5 October 2006 at 04:45  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

You have to deal with quite a bit Dale, and you handle it in pretty good stride most of the time.

5 October 2006 at 09:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home