I know, Ms J. I know!
It's been awhile, hasn't it? Well, I'm afraid it's going to be a while longer. Too much busy-ness these daze. Too much activity. Work and worry. Rehearsal and resistance. Dining and dashing. No time. Sleep-deprived. My soul aches to write to you, Ms Journal. I've some things to sort out and you're such a faithful listener.
But alas, I must away again. Life awaits.

No worries, Ms J. It's all good!
Ta!
***


7 Comments:
You have chosen to post a picture of 'snowflake'. He was an extremely rare albino gorilla. He was captured when he was young and although his handlers (in a Spanish Zoo) cared for him the best they could, he unforunately lead his life on display in the zoo in an all-concrete habitat which was not very well suited to gorillas. He became an international celebrity attracting millions to the zoo. His was a facinating yet ultimately sad story.
http://www.pbs.org/wnet/nature/snowflake/index.html
...thought you might find it of interest ;-)
GM
Well ... you'll be a monkey's uncle then.
It sounds like things are going well--except for the sleep-deprived and worry part of it!
I find it difficult to see animals put on display for the "higher evolved". Of course , many will say that this is the only opportunity for some to see these magnificent animals, at all. So I guess this , in itself, serves a higher purpose by making us aware of how we are fortunate enough to share the planet with such wondrous creation. I do ,however, abhor the circus. I have been to one or two with my inlaws and feel such sympathy to the animals as they are paraded around and made to perform "tricks" to amuse the populace. I no longer support such "entertainment".
It was a picture of a smiling monkey. Jeez ...
I forgot to mention an important detail in my previous post. Although it was sad for Snowflake that his habitat was not well suited to his needs, his international celebrity did bring a lot of people to see him and did spark the creation of much better designed habitats to serve the needs of these animals. Today zoos, besides participating in many important conservation activites, are designing habitats that are richer in environment and stimulation than the old cruel idea of putting an amimal in a concrete box with bars on the front; this is often done even at the 'expense' of easy viewing of the animals. Imagine that.
GM
I chose to ignore your stupid comments about a picture of a gorilla when I first posted this piece. But I'm re-reading it now and I'm ready to offer a comment of my own.
I couldn't care less what the gorilla's name is or anything else about it. Fuck off. Take you stupid opinions and shove them up your ass!
There. I feel better now.
Post a Comment
<< Home