We're Melting!!
The guys were here today. Wally and Angry Bob. We didn't get much done, really. Wally and I made a half-hearted attempt at installing some lattice around the deck, but it was so hot outside today, so unbelievably hot, so incredibly, unbearably hot, that we couldn't think straight. And the humidity makes even the strongest man feel like a rag doll. It was 33C this afternoon and the weatherman loves to remind us of the Humidex which made it feel "more like 42C". Sheesh!
I suppose that's just an average summer day in Miami or Atlanta. But this is Canada, Ms J. We're just not used to that kind of heat. Tomorrow, the temperature is forecast to reach 35C. And the Humidex will hit 45C. That's 95F and it'll feel like 113F.
That's just disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. Poor Meagan. She must be so uncomfortable at camp. It must be miserable for everyone who has to be outdoors.
We endure months of cold and snowy weather in this country and eagerly look forward to July and August, but what the hell good is summer if we can't even be outdoors? Elderly people perish in the heat because they can't breathe!
We never experienced heat like this when I was a boy. Summers were nice. Warm and bonny. Sure, there were a few hot days, but not THIS hot and not THIS many in a row.
"I don't think we'll be round tomorrow," said Bob. "It's too f***in' HOT!"
I don't blame them a bit, Ms J. I don't blame them one damn bit.
***

3 Comments:
Yuk, it's bad enough here in the tropics in Summer but at least we don't go any higher than 33C. Fluids, drink lots of water :o)
It's about the same temperature here too. I picked peas with my father-in-law until we couldn't take it anymore.
I wonder if it really was different when we were kids or if we just didn't feel it as much. My kids aren't nearly as affected by it as I am.
It's way too hot here, too. We aren't used to it. As you said, nice temperate summers are why we suffer through cold winters!
Post a Comment
<< Home