Holiday Time!
Saturday. And I’m on vacation for a week. I have some plans made, Ms J, and I imagine the week will disappear pretty quickly. This week is the last vacation time I’ll get this entire year. I was off work seven months in 2005 with my broken leg and so I’m only entitled to two weeks vacation this year.
There are many things I want to do this week, but the two most important to me are to finish the deck and audition for a play in Caledon. Adam’s coming over on Monday evening to work on the deck and I’m going to Caledon to audition on Tuesday. I’d like to visit Mum and Dad but Christine’s having a party for me on Thursday and Adam said he’ll pop round here in the evenings to work on the deck.
Too many things to do, Ms J. Too little time. And Meagan wants to visit me for a few days.
I'm going groundhog hunting tomorrow with Pat and his son, Jeff. Dan's going too. I'll collect my son at 2:00 and then drive to Pat's. We'll all go together in one car. I hope it doesn't rain.

Lest you think we're bloodthirsty savages, Ms J, I must tell you that for me, it's more about being with family and men than about hunting. Yes, we'll carry rifles and wander around in hay fields hoping to spot a groundhog or two. We'll shoot at them. And we'll probably kill a few. But if we don't see any, that's alright too. I just enjoy being outdoors in the country with my son, my brother and my nephew. It's kind of a Pringle tradition.
We'll return tomorrow evening. I'll drop Dan at home and pick up Meagan.
***

2 Comments:
Question: What do you do with groundhog once you catch them?
run little groundhog - run!!!
Hope you all had a great time in spite of the Bloodthirsty savages bit!
Post a Comment
<< Home