A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, March 20, 2006

So Say My Friends

There's a brewery in the province of Nova Scotia on Canada's east coast. It produces a beer called Alexander Keith's Pale Ale. Their slogan is "Those who like it, like it a lot." And so it is with me, Ms J. Those who like me, it seems, like me a lot.

A while ago, I sent an email to friends asking for a one-word description of me. One word. I've received a lot of responses. Evidently, my friends see me as:

Amazing. Fun. Considerate. Boisterous. Vulnerable. Awesome. Searching. Caring. And truthful. They also say I'm kind, honest and devoted. Some said I was artistic. One called me inspiring. Another, genuine. Christine said I was loyal. Charlotte branded me heartful. Patricia said childlike. And Karen called me full-of-life. She cheated a bit. One person offered the erudite observation of mercurial. I had to look that one up. One wrote simply "friend", while another labeled me "very". I hadn't expected adverbs, Ms J.

So that's what my friends think of me, then. Isn't that great? My ego is writhing in pleasure.

I wonder what my enemies think of me?

***

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! If any of my friends used just one word of those words to describe me I would be a very happy person. If I could judge you through your writing I would say you were selfless

21 March 2006 at 09:10  
Blogger Loner said...

Dang it - I forgot to answer it - CHARMING, just charming for vulnerability, honesty, ability to laugh at yourself, desire to be a good daddy, and willingness to take responsibility when you goof.

23 March 2006 at 10:45  

Post a Comment

<< Home