A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

A Perfect Morning

The alarm clock woke me at 6:15 this morning. It felt strange to be up and about so early. I had an appointment with Sherri to continue my dental treatment. We met at her school at 8:00. I was all done by 10:15. I drove then to St. Joseph's Hospital to ask if I could have copies of Dr. Roscoe's clinical reports at the fracture clinic. Great West Life Assurance informed me recently that they need an update in order to continue my benefits.

I expected a hassle from hospital staff, but they were very helpful. The smiling woman at "Medical Records" gave me two options:

They could provide me a copy of my records, but it would cost $140. The second option was to have my records faxed to my family doctor.

I frowned and asked, "How much would that cost?"

"Nothing," was her happy reply. "Do you think you might go for option number two, then?"

She was young, Ms J. Japanese, maybe. Very pretty.

"Ummm ... Yes. Let's go with the second option," I laughed.

I signed a form and showed her my government health card. She promised me my records would be faxed tomorrow to my family doctor.

When I got home, I called my doctor and told the receptionist what I'd done. I gave her the toll free Montreal number of Great West Life and asked her to send my records on to Marie-Christine, the cute-sounding French-Canadian girl at GWL.

"No problem, Dale," she assured me. "I'll make sure they get it as soon as I receive it. Don't worry."

So that was it, then. Done and dusted. And all before lunch. Brilliant!




Here's something we should all have a go at. Are you addicted to the internet? Visit this site and take the quiz. My score was 13. I found this link on Digital Doorway. Thanks, Keith.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

Good Lord....red tape that actually works! heh

10 August 2005 at 17:30  
Blogger Michelle said...

Heh, i scored 10!

10 August 2005 at 20:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home