A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Sunday, June 05, 2005

Pure Love = Pure Joy

Sunday. What a fabulous day! I went to church this morning. Reverend Linda asked me to read a short reflection on joy and how it relates to singing, and the coming of summer. It was fun and easy. I think everyone enjoyed it. The service was really enjoyable. There was no sermon, but lots of singing. I'm not an accomplished singer, Ms J. But I do like to sing. I enjoy music and this morning, I loved every hymn. We prayed as usual for Daniel, and also today for Larry, an acquaintance of mine who’ll soon return to work after a seven year absence.

After the service, there was a “gourmet” lunch served in the gym downstairs. Carrot and coriander soup. Little sandwiches. Cheesecake cupcakes. Tea and Coffee. Delicious! At 2:30, there was a concert in the sanctuary performed by two groups: The Mississauga Festival Choir and The Broadway Collective. Our organist, the lovely and talented Andrea, is part of both groups and acted as accompanist on the piano.


*** Posted by Hello

It was delightful! The Festival Choir sang first. There were about forty voices united in harmony. I listened and smiled all the way through. Fascinated, I watched Andrea’s fingers dancing on the piano keys. So accurate. So confident. Seemingly effortless. Beautiful. She’ll be leaving us soon. Andrea has graced our church with her musical talent for six years. This will be her last summer at Wesley. We’ll miss her.

The Broadway Collective was a small group of singers: two young men and two young women, who sounded so good together, I couldn’t hold back my tears. There’s something about music in the church that often brings me to tears. I don’t understand why it happens really, although the reason doesn’t seem important. I am filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit, I guess. I just fill up with joy until it spills down my cheeks.

I had my cast off all day and my foot's not sore at all. It was a most excellent day. I even took my car out for a drive round the block. More about that tomorrow. I can't stop smiling, Ms J.

G'night!

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Badpatty said...

Dogs and cats living together . . .
Y'know, Dale, it looks like you're getting optimistic, whether you want to be or not. That, my good man, is excellent news.

6 June 2005 at 10:06  
Blogger Michelle said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay...got your postacard yet??!

7 June 2005 at 02:48  
Blogger Dale said...

Not yet, Michelle. But it's quite a long way from Oz to Mimico. I've gotten two cards so far: one from Butterfly and one from Zulu.

7 June 2005 at 11:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home