A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, June 05, 2009

Final Chapter

Yes, Ms Journal, it's me. It is "I", more properly put. Anyway, here I am in a hotel lobby in sunny Windsor, Ontario, 200 miles from home and feeling ... Well, I'm feeling a lot of things, but of course, I'm not allowed to write about it anymore. I can't discuss my ex-wife because I don't want her to send me another nasty letter filled with lies, inconsistencies and misspelled words. I can't discuss my daughter because I'm afraid she'd somehow misunderstand my desire for her to have a happy, healthy adult Life. And I dare not mention her boyfriend for fear he'd post another angry tirade here in this space offering me free (and unsolicited) parenting advice.

Since ThewomanIwasoncemarriedtobutnowcannotmention reads this blog, I don't feel comfortable anymore telling you about my private Life. I don't want her to know. I don't want her to know anything about me. The only thing I want her to know is how sad and disappointed I am in the way things have turned out. And I want her to know I'll never forgive her for the damage she's done.

I wish I could tell you about all the good and wonderful things in my Life, Ms J, but I don't want her to know. I have so much to say ... So much I will tell her one day when it's safe to do so without harming my children.

But I can't write anymore. I can't write here anymore because of that miserable woman. I can't write here anymore because of a young man who believes he knows how to parent my daughter. And I can't write here anymore because I promised my daughter.

It's been good, Ms J. It's been really good. But I think this is the end.

Farewell. God Bless.

***

6 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Why don't you write about other stuff less personal? It is always interesting to hear about your experiences on the train, what cities you have been to, and what holidays you have taken. It would be sad not to hear from you anymore.

OR if you wanted to write on a more personal level, why don't you start a closed blog and invite some of your faithful readers to it instead?

I would hate to see these evil people drive you away from Blogging....

5 June 2009 at 16:22  
Blogger Jennytc said...

I can only echo what Jane has said, Dale. It would be very sad if you were not to blog any more.

6 June 2009 at 15:39  
Blogger lisel said...

I have always enjoyed reading your blog Dale and will miss your words of wisdom. Best wishes x x

7 June 2009 at 07:29  
Blogger SidDawgone said...

I will miss you too Dale. My suggestion is to continue to write because of your gift to do so so eloquently, put them in a collection of sorts, and see if you can't publish them under a pseudonym. I understand your promise to your daughter, however, and perhaps some day she will mature and allow things to transpire naturally. In the meantime, God Bless and good luck in all you do!

10 June 2009 at 00:51  
Blogger Unknown said...

It seems so wrong, so unfair, that you should again have to give up something in your life that made you happy for a person you really don't give a shake about. I will miss you terribly.

If you write a private blog someday I hope you will include me as one of your loyal friends.

It's hard to write when you can't write what you want when you want to. I mean, the whole point is this is a manner of self expression right? It's like telling an artist what to draw. Or a song writer what to write. IT just doesn't work. I know that's one reason I stopped blogging. I miss it but I was feeling too closed in by what I wanted to say and what was "appropriate" to say. It just wasnt' working for me.

I love seeing all the wonderful people here that were around, and my first bloggin friends. Jenny, Jane, SidDawgone, ole maggie whereever she may be. YOu almost hit 100,000 hits. So close. I'll miss you Dale. It just won't be the same in the blog world without you.

28 June 2009 at 03:55  
Blogger Cloudia said...

Sadly, I am discovering you to late! All best wishes. Perhaps you will find a new vein to mine

27 May 2025 at 22:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home