et al.
Hello, Ms J. How are you? I'm fine, thank-you. Still enjoying my job, still in Love with Colleen. Moving slowly away from the anger and bitterness I once felt toward my old employer. Yes, things are really improving for me lately. I spend little time anymore worrying about my own Life. Fortunately, this frees up more time to worry about others. (Without my incessant worry, Ms J, my Life would seem to have no purpose, apparently) Lately, I've been thinking of my friends.
One has recently had a baby. Having a child of her own fulfills a deep and long-standing yearning. She will be a good mother. I'm sure of it. She is learning patience, and selflessness and has discovered the kind of inner peace and quietude that I've always wished for her. However, I believe she will soon rid herself of the father. My friend faces some difficult decisions in the near future. I pray for her. And for the child's father.
Another friend has suffered suspension from his job and fears for his future. Will he be fired? Demoted? He's been home now for two weeks, waiting for word from his employer, hoping to be reinstated and reimbursed his lost wages. He's a good man, a dedicated employee, and a true friend. I pray for him.
Still another sits at home suffering the effects of myriad health problems. Obesity, severe and morbid, heads the list. He was badly injured at work a few years ago and since then has been visited by ailments too numerous to mention. Surgeries. Treatments. Pain. Drugs. Eventually, depression came to call which he's dealt with by over-eating. My friend has little hope of a full recovery. He looks longingly at old photos of himself and wonders whether he'll ever be as fit as he once was or if he'll ever return to work. I pray for him too.
Now is the season of Lent, Ms J. Springtime. This, more than any other, is the time of waiting and hoping. We Christians remember Christ's crucifixion and await His resurrection which is our hope for Life beyond death. Christians and non-Christians alike wait for the renewal of Life through warmer temperatures and budding trees. Daffodils and tulips will soon show us new Life in brilliant colour after the death and decay of winter.
Inspiration abounds. Let us look to both Heaven and Earth for fresh hope and for promises fulfilled in signs of new beginnings. Let us find hope for a brighter future and forgiveness for past hurts.
Amen
***

3 Comments:
Great post, Dale. And it keeps us in touch with you for now. Keep on Lenting well.
Dale, this can't be mere coincidence when looking you up, then reconnecting to my oldest blogging friends, but I feel compelled to guide you to look up and reach out to our old friend Gemmak at this time. Take care old friend!
What a really good post, makes one think, for sure. Hope all goes well with you!
Post a Comment
<< Home