A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, January 07, 2008

Thinkin'

I was awake at 5:00 this morning. I laid there thinking about Meagan and RJ and Kelly and Daniel and Sarah and Colleen and Ivy and work and clutter and cat hair and ...
At 5:30, I got up and shaved and showered. I spent an hour or so writing in my private journal, trying to get caught up. I’ve been so busy with work and Colleen lately, I’ve been neglecting my writing. And I have missed it.

I do care very much for Colleen, Ms J, but we’ve been spending a lot of time together. Every day. Nearly every night. I love her, but I feel as though I need some time away from her and Ivy. I REALLY enjoyed my time here alone last night. So peaceful. I enjoyed a glass of wine and some candle light. I listened to music and read e-mail. Then I enjoyed another glass of wine. Very nice. Very ... solitary.

I like solitude, Ms Journal. I miss that too, sometimes.

Meagan wants to come live with me. I have many questions to ask. I want my daughter to be happy and to grow in a good environment ... but I have questions. Concerns.

Yep.

Funny, ain't it, how Life can twist and turn?

***

2 Comments:

Blogger Jennytc said...

Happy New Yeat, Dale. May 2008 bring you all you wish yourself.

11 January 2008 at 14:32  
Blogger gemmak said...

Give yourself time...the answers will present themselves :o)

Happy new year to you.

12 January 2008 at 06:14  

Post a Comment

<< Home