A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas 2007

Merry Christmas, Ms J. Mine was excellent. Better than I'd imagined. Better even than last year, although last year was no hell as I recall. But I got everything I wanted this year.

I saw both Dan and Meagan. I was able to arrange my work schedule to allow me to attend family Christmas gatherings for both my family and Colleen's family. I was able to attend the Christmas Eve service at church and spend the night with my Colleen. Christmas morning found us together still, sharing the excitement of the day with little Ivy. Ivy is Colleen's daughter, Ms J. She's just turned eight.

Christmas morning was as magical as I could ever hope for without going back in time. It was a pancake breakfast, an hilarious game of Twister, and the joy of a little girl unwrapping her gifts from Santa. It was family time. And it felt warm and good and right.

It was a fab Christmas. Thank you, Colleen. And thank you, Ivy. Life is good at the moment, Ms J.

Thank God.

***

3 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I spent the night with my colleen too. Well, she isn't Irish, so I suppose she isn't really. A colleen I mean.

28 December 2007 at 19:38  
Blogger Remi said...

Every year, I mean to get to a Christmas Eve service at one of the beautiful old Churches downtown. Alas, this year, I got stuck working.

Next year. . . For sure, this time. I hope.

29 December 2007 at 11:10  
Blogger PBS said...

Oh, glad to hear that you had a great Christmas! Certainly deserved after the hills and valleys of the past year.

29 December 2007 at 18:23  

Post a Comment

<< Home