A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Thanksgiving Plans?

Dan and I exchanged text messages this morning.

“Hi Dad. What are your plans for Thanksgiving? Sarah’s going to her parents.”

“Morning, Dan. I hope to go to Grandma’s house on Saturday. I’m not sure if I can get the day off work, but if I go, wanna come?”

“Yes. I don’t want to be alone on Thanksgiving. It’s depressing.”

“My new girlfriend might come too. Is that OK?”

“Sure Dad. That’s fine.”

“OK. I’ll have more details later. I really don’t know if I’ll be going for sure, though. But I'm HOPING. Can I let you know last minute? Saturday morning?”

“Yup. No problem. I love you dad.”

“I love you too, Dan. Bye!”

“Bye.”

I cannot think of a way to have the day off without booking sick. And if I do that, I may be disciplined. We’ll see. Wait and see, Ms J.

Have I mentioned how I abhor the new management on the railroad?

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Jane said...

Why don't you book rest?

3 October 2007 at 15:26  
Blogger Donna said...

Have I mentioned how I abhor the new management on the railroad?
Just once or twice Dale ;o)

3 October 2007 at 16:26  
Blogger JiCaLu said...

any chances of seeing megan also? i was so sad to hear what happened with her being moved away :(

3 October 2007 at 21:47  
Blogger PBS said...

Hope this all works out somehow and you can spend the holiday with your family.

4 October 2007 at 07:46  

Post a Comment

<< Home