A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Puddle Jumper

I'm not happy with my new car, Ms J. I thought I wanted a standard transmission, but now that I have it, I don't like it. I'm tired of shifting gears. And I thought I'd fancy a 2-door model, but every time I go to put something (or someone) in the back seat, I am unhappy with it. I wish I'd bought a 4-door model. This new car is little and bumpy and it feels cheap. The seats are hard. No power windows. Yes, it's easy on gas and costs much less to operate than my Monte Carlo. But after driving a luxury car for ten years, this little Honda feels ... little.

Don't misunderstand me, Ms J. I do quite like a Honda. Very reliable. Easy to park. But I don't like the gear shift and the little doors. I've been thinking of trading it in for one with four doors and an automatic transmission. A Honda, with four doors and an automatic transmission. Maybe a different colour, too. Grey is so ... ordinary.

I don't know. I haven't decided yet, really. I'm just thinkin', is all. Just thinkin'.

***

2 Comments:

Blogger PBS said...

I can't drive a stick and gray certainly wouldn't be my favorite color either! A co-worker gave me a ride this week which was very nice of her but her car was so little and cramped, bumpy too. I'm spoiled by all the room in my Jeep!

27 April 2007 at 08:04  
Blogger gemmak said...

Lol...it sounds like my car except for mine is blue...mine doesn't even have power sterring but I got used to it eventually!!! :o)

2 May 2007 at 17:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home