A Note Before Bed
Friday, Ms Journal. Another week over. Seven days closer to retirement.
It’s funny. A few weeks ago, when things were normal at work, when Life was good at work, I looked forward to Friday. Friday meant the end of the work week and two days off.
But now, things have changed. Friday is just another day. Just like Saturday or Sunday or Tuesday. They’re all work days. I’ve worked twenty-five of the past twenty-six days in this month. But I’m making lots of money, Ms J. I hope to pay down my mortgage with the extra money I get. If I have to suffer the crap at work, let it not be for nothing.
Besides, my border is starting to get on my nerves. By working every day and coming home only to sleep, I can avoid seeing him. He’s been a wonderful border, Ms J, but I’m getting to the point where I’d like my house to myself again. Alan’s been here four months now. I don’t quite know how to ask him to leave, but I’d like to see him out of here in the spring. I’m going to suggest he consider getting his own place.
One day.
When I get the courage.
***

1 Comments:
I applaud & admire you for having a friend share your home for 4 months. I have opened my home up to friends & family for less time than yourself, i will NEVER do it again.
The older i become the more i value my privacy, my space, my home, my things, my cleanliness!!
If you ask or suggest kindly that he begin looking for his own place, and of course share your feelings with him....tell him you'd really like your own space back again, he won't mind. I'm sure he's grateful for having lived with you as long as he has :o)
Post a Comment
<< Home