A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Monday, October 09, 2006

Sweet Solitude

I'm alone again, Ms J. Oh man, does it feel good.

It's nice to have company here, it really is. And I do love my son, Ms Journal. Make no mistake about that. We don't communicate at a very deep level, but still, I love my boy. Maxine gave him someone (two someones, actually) to love and so I care for her too, in a distant sort of way. And David, Baby David. Well, he's too darn cute not to like, Ms J. I mean, honestly. Look at him.

But they've all gone back to Kelly and Tim and the asylum they call a home. And I feel a certain relief to have my home back again.

No extra dishes to wash.

No worries about what Maxine might like to eat.

No fussing infant whose parents argue about who's turn it is to tend to his needs.

Meagan is coming for a visit next weekend. She'd like to bring a friend, Sarah.

Allan has spent the weekend with his mum and stepdad. I'm expecting him here shortly.

But for now, I'm having a glass of Aussie Cabernet and thoroughly enjoying my time alone. Today, I'm thankful for an hour or two alone.

Does that make me selfish?

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Nope, not at all :o)
Enjoy a glass for me :o)

9 October 2006 at 19:51  
Blogger PBS said...

Nope. I enjoy solitude too, feel like I've put in my time being a wife and mother!

9 October 2006 at 23:14  
Blogger Loner said...

not selfish - sane

10 October 2006 at 08:39  
Blogger gemmak said...

Nope...I'de say it makes you pretty normal! ;o)

10 October 2006 at 18:51  

Post a Comment

<< Home