A middle-aged WASP examines his Life, his heart and his home. Sometimes it all makes perfect sense. Not lately, though.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Friday, August 04, 2006

Step by Step

Wally was here today. We dug holes and mixed concrete and set posts in the ground. The posts will eventually support railings for the stairs on my deck. It was hot, Ms J. We worked hard and we sweated like horses. I'm pleased with what we accomplished. I got my head sunburned again, though. I wonder if it'll EVER tan enough that it won't burn anymore? Yes, I wore a hat, but I didn't put the darned thing on until my head felt hot.


It doesn't look like much, Ms J. But it was truly a lot of work. Safe stairs are a priority. The next person to fall there may not be as lucky as Meagan was.




Sears phoned today. I wasn't home and they left a message.

"Hello, Mr. Pringle. It's Sears delivery calling. You have a delivery scheduled for tomorrow, but unfortunately, the lawnmower you ordered has not arrived at our warehouse. We'll call again to reschedule. Sorry about the delay."

It's a good thing I wasn't home to receive the call. I might have told the man to cancel the entire order. I ordered a lawnmower on July 20th, Ms J. I've been waiting for it so I can cut my shaggy lawn. They've already called once to reschedule. Now they want to do it again. When I purchase something, it's because I want it. I don't expect to have to wait for weeks to get it.

Unacceptable, Sears. Completely unacceptable.

I'm on a bit of a rant here, so if you're an anonymous reader who thinks I need education or correction, please keep your thoughts to yourself. I'm pissed off and I'm gonna rant. Because I can. Because it's MY blog. Do I criticize you?

I think I'll call Sears tomorrow and tell them to shove it. All of it. The entire order. $1700. No patio furniture from Sears. Ever. No dining room table and chairs. And no lawnmower. They've lost my business. Is it too much to ask that they provide the merchandise they advertise? I'm disappointed and I'm angry. I won't be shopping there again.




Right. On a happier note, I'm off to see Meagan's rodeo tomorrow morning. She's been at Teen Ranch all week and tomorrow is the day the campers get to show the parents what they've learned. Meagan's mother will be there, I suppose. And Tim. I'm sure Scott will attend as well. He's Meagan's stepdad, separated three years now from What'serface and not yet divorced. I feel so jealous of his continuing relationship with Meagan.

So many thoughts tonight, Ms J. So many uncomfortable feelings.

You know what I need right now? A warm bath, candles, prayer and meditation. That always helps me feel better. Easy does it, they say. One step at a time.

***

4 Comments:

Blogger Zette said...

Sounds like you need a bit of a break, mentally and physically. Hopefully seeing Meagan in her rodeo will help ease your mind. And maybe try some aloe vera on that darn sunburn.

Hugs and Kisses,
~Zette~

5 August 2006 at 03:42  
Blogger Michelle said...

Have fun tomorrow, Meagan will be glad to see you :o)

5 August 2006 at 05:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess that one paragraph is directed at me. I am very sorry to be irritant to you; this was not my intention. With that message (heard loud and clear) I will go away. Goodbye Dale. It was very interesting reading your blog. I hope you find what you are looking for one day.

All the very best
GM

5 August 2006 at 09:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Meagan is very lucky to have you AND Scott in her life. The more people who love and care for her, the better her life will be. Chin up, Dale. You've had a bad day, but soon you'll have a wonderful deck to enjoy...with or without furniture.

kmr

5 August 2006 at 20:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home